Welcome to Bakewell Class
Welcome to Bakewell Class.
Our teacher is Miss McKirdy. Miss Stockdale is our teaching assistant. Mr Crawford teaches us on Tuesday all day and Wednesday mornings.
We are an enthusiastic, determined class of year 3 children who try our hardest in every subject.
Our topic is ‘Extreme Earth'. The questions we will be answering are:
* Where are volcanoes and earthquakes located?
* What are tectonic plates?
* What is the structure of the earth?
* How are volcanoes and earthquakes formed?
In English, our first topic is based around the book 'Escape from Pompeii' by Christina Balit. We will examine the outstanding vocabulary and use the dilemma in this book to write a recount. Also, we will be writing explanation texts about how earthquakes are formed.
In maths, we will cover addition and subtraction, multiplication and division, time, mass, position and direction and fractions.
Remember to practice your times tables by beating Siri or Alexa. Get your parents to ask Siri/ Alexa a multiplication fact and see if you can answer quicker. We now have a times tables rocket in class. What letter are you on?
We LOVE reading and have already read these books.
Congratulations Bakewell class!
You managed to reach 50 on the hundred treat square. We got to bake yummy cakes as our treat. Don't they look good?
- Our P.E. days are on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Please label all P.E. kit so it doesn’t get lost. The weather is getting colder and we go outside so please remember to put in a long-sleeved top and full length bottoms.
Don't forget these dates:
Monday 7th January - INSET
Tuesday 8th December - Term 3 starts.
If you have any questions, please feel free to come in and speak to Miss McKirdy.